The garden netting arrived yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised. We still had the horizontal length of poly tubing to put up so we’ll have something to clip the netting to when we want to access the garden, so we took care of that yesterday afternoon. We had exactly the right length of tube left to fit around the whole garden, we just needed to buy a joiner.
This morning Stephen taped the tops of the start pickets so the sharp corners wouldn’t tear the net.
Then we draped the net over the framework. The size is just right, so that’s a bit of a relief. We found that the ends of the cable ties that we used to secure the poly tube to the pickets were catching on the net, so they all had to be taped as well.
The netting is held in place by clips that can be easily moved.
The net is pretty secure, though we do need a few more clips. I’m really happy with the way it’s all come together.
The sides of the net lift and clip to the top bar and allow for really easy access to the beds.
Once everything was done I prepped the bed that we have decided to plant broad beans in by raking in some lime.
We went shopping and bought veggie seedlings, we’ll plant them tomorrow. While we were at Bunnings I noticed that they do sell similar netting, just not in the size that we needed.
Netting the veggie bed is something I’ve wanted to do since we first put the planters in. I feel like we’ve finally achieved a major goal. Only time will tell how well it all works.