Today I sanded back all the filler and got the box assembled. Putting the first three walls together was easy – once I’d been to Bunnings to buy the appropriate screws. I put braces in the corners below the window area to add support and to rest the mail shelf on. I also put some corner brackets in the lower corners for extra strength. Screwing the brackets into the back wall was quite a challenge. I had to stand inside the box to do it. Awkward, but I got there.
The box is super heavy – and it doesn’t have the roof on yet. But it’s also very stable. One good thing about it being so heavy is that once we get it in place out in the front yard there’s a lot less chance of anyone taking off with the box.
I had hoped to get the undercoat on as well but, once again, I was trapped in time. I won’t get a chance now to paint until Tuesday.